[dba-Tech] How to revive an XP POS PC

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Aug 21 12:24:58 CDT 2014

For personally use, I would not buy a PC but when it comes to standard office environment, where there are a number of pieces of specific office software, stores of proprietary data, real performance (not only on brute force speed and on capacity, at all levels, but on high speed network traffic), is a real requirement then a PC is still king. If you are a road warrior or company of one or two, then laptops and other mobile devices become a practical alternative.

I was also counting the cost of software and even maintenance when I estimated 2K per box.

Here is a screen for real programmers and gamers. It is actually curved, can be run in series and its resolution is incredible:

http://www.cnet.com/news/lg-flaunts-curved-219-monitor