[dba-Tech] Audio equivalent to AMC

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 10:13:57 CST 2014

I've just googled "digital turntable" and come up with quite a list, at a
significant range of prices, too -- price ranges from $119 to ~$500, with a
median of ~$249. Being a senior citizen (who else would have LPs released
in 1955? I even have the original release of Dave Brubeck's "Take Five" and
going even further back, a lot of Bird's first releases LOL). Chances are
the young 'uns don't even know who Bird was (if you readers fall into that
category, "Bird" was the nickname assigned to Charles Parker, the premier
saxophonist of his time), price is a significant issue, and my tendency is
to opt for the middle ground -- barring, of course, objections from you all
who can demonstrate why going to the higher end is advantageous.

Back to the original topic. Does anyone know of an audio equivalent to AMC
(Ant Movie Catalog) or failing that, a site wherein I could enter the name
of a recording in whatever format -- 33 rpm LP, 78, CD, etc.) and discover
the data regarding it? Ideally, I would like to return at least the track
list, and optionally the composer, players and an image of the cover.

A.
​