[dba-Tech] Audio equivalent to AMC

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 10:26:57 CST 2014

Just one of the uses to which I might put such a program would be to
assemble (via MediaMonkey or some equivalent) playlists consisting of just
one piece -- say, all instances of "Martha My Dear" or "The Rite of Spring"
so as to be able to play them back to back, to compare and contrast. For my
money, the definitive version of The Rite was performed by the Columbia
Symphony Orchestra and conducted by Igor himself. Most other versions seem
lame by comparison, and oddly enough, one of the most lame was conducted by
Pierre Boulez, no stranger to 20th century music, but he seemed to have
missed the nail here. We all have our off-days, alas.