[dba-Tech] Questions about Lenovo ThnkPad T410

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 09:37:12 CST 2014

A friend of mine recently bought the laptop named above. She is not at all
computer-adept, and won't do much of anything besides write, browse the
net, and watch movies. Fortunately, it came with windows 7. I've set her up
with OpenOffice so she can write, and Chrome so she can browse, and that's
about as far as we've got so far.

Anyway, I've never seen this make/model of laptop before, and a few things
about the machine puzzle me (printed docs don't seem to have been
included). There's a red button dead-center in the keyboard, just below the
G and H keys. I can't figure out what it does.

Just above the mouse-pad there are a pair of buttons with an orange stripe
across their bottom edge, and another button in between them. I have no
idea what these buttons are for, either.

Does anybody have this model and/or know what these buttons do? The answers
would be much appreciated.

--
Arthur