[dba-Tech] How to rip Spotify stream in Windows 8.1

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Dec 30 11:53:58 CST 2014

?Hi all

Does anyone know how to rip a Spotify audio stream in Windows 8.1?

I have tried Replay Music from Applian which seems what "everyone" recommends, but the current version 7 will only use the system audio driver as source, and version 6 likewise and even demands to run in admin mode - an absolute no-go.

Of course, could it download and apply the titles it would be great.

I had to buy a trial subscription to obtain HQ audio. The free stream is scrambled at 128 Kbps; how people can enjoy this is beyond me.

/gustav