[dba-Tech] Storage Space

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Feb 1 16:01:05 CST 2014

Hi Arthur

Don't know what you mean with "equivalent". However, digital sound can easily be of a quality that equals or surpasses analogue sound (after all about 99.9% of all recordings today are digital) but, if you really plan to rip your fine long-play records with a $50 USB turntable, the result will, of course, neither be equivalent nor satisfying.

I have less than 1000 LPs but wouldn't know where to find the time for converting them, so I've kept my old Sony TTS-3000 belt-driven player:

   http://www.analogue-classics.com/html/sony_tts-3000.html

equipped with an Ortofon RS 212 pickup arm and studio pickup:

   http://www.ortofon.com/products/historical-products/rs-212-vintage-tonearm

A truly great combo.

/gustav

>>> fuller.artful at gmail.com 01-02-14 21:24 >>>
Tina,

The simple fact of the matter is that analog sound is way better than its digital equivalent ..