[dba-Tech] FYI: Bill Gates Explains His New Role At Microsoft, Says Nadella Asked Him To “Pitch In”

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Tue Feb 11 00:38:04 CST 2014

 Hi All --

FYI:  " Bill Gates Explains His New Role At Microsoft, Says Nadella Asked Him To “Pitch In” "

http://techcrunch.com/2014/02/10/bill-gates-explains-his-new-role-at-microsoft-says-nadella-asked-him-to-pitch-in/

Does anybody remember a Microsoft Advertisement (sci-fi) movie, which AFAIKR was called "Microsoft 2004"?
I cannot remember its release date, was that 1997 or even before?
It was about 40-45 minutes long if I'm not mistaken.

In that movie (inspired by that time MS's CEO Bill Gates?) one can find how technologies (very similar to smart-phones, tablets and desktops) are used for everyday tasks such as

- smart-phone driven bank money transfers,
- using Internet to prepare presentation by a teenager on his PC, then move it into cloud and demonstrate in the college by using his smart-phone as projector;
- gaming, controller by smart-phone,
- etc.

That time I thought it should have taken quite a few years before that sci-fi  movie came true. It's reality now.

Still, I can't understand how it happened that MS having such a true technology evolution vision in the end of 90-ies missed to get into the leaders of today's mobile market...

--
Салахетдинов Шамиль