[dba-Tech] Microsoft Takes Aim at Java Security With EMET 5

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Feb 28 12:19:25 CST 2014

Hi John:

To my understanding the latest versions of Java (...and Flash) are very secure but just like older (newer?) versions of Windows, they are not secure. If this application, Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) resolves these issues it will be a great leap forward for the Windows OS.

It sounds like a recommended upgrade.