[dba-Tech] Crapware

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 11:50:17 CST 2014

Somwhore I have been inf*cted with all this crapware such as MyPCBackup and
a few others which bother me with messages about upgrading. I'm running
Windows 8.1 and so far have not been able to locate these softwares and
unnstall them. Even Chrome seems to be compromised. I click on some button
and suddenly get a popup from somewhere I do not recognize. What should I
do? Just reformat the disks and re-install? This is driving me nuts. Maybe
it's time to complete the move to Linux and just say goodbye to all this
crap.

Since I'm semi-retired now, I have no daily reason to run Windows, so I
could complete the move to Linux and run a Windows VM inside VirtualBox
when required.

The box in question is a Dell Inspiron with 8GB RAM and 1TB hard disk and a
few USB attachments, and currently running Windows 8.1. I don't know what I
did that installed all this crapware and it used to be simple to un-install
software but I'm having trouble even finding the apps in question.

Any suggestions?

--
Arthur