[dba-Tech] Virtual Box Problem

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Wed Jan 22 19:32:11 CST 2014

Dear Lists:

I posted about this already but maybe I can make the problem clearer (as I
have spent a few more hours futzing around to no avail).

I got Oracle VM Virtual Box quite a while ago to play with but had no
application at the time - just wanted to see what it was all about.

I set up a Windows XP VM, cloned it and set up an Office 2007 VM.  It had no
problem establishing a network connection and sharing the host HD.

Now I need to set up a W7 VM (or Vista) with Office 2010 and Office 2013.
Problem is when I create a VM and install Vista or W7, there's no network
connection.  I'm pretty sure the VM has the adapter configured correctly -
looks the same as the Devices dialog box on the XP VM.  And I installed
Guest Additions but I think that's to no avail if I haven't got a network
connecting.

But the OS (both Vista and W7) says no networks are available and I need to
install driver software for my Ethernet controller.  I'm stumped.

Without a network connection I can't get to my host C drive, and of course,
not to the internets for updates, etc.

Any ideas on how to get these bad boys in the air?

MMTIA

Rocky