[dba-Tech] Incredible kid

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun Jan 26 11:55:54 CST 2014

Hi Gustav:

So you must have a Raspberry PI or maybe more. There are now so many addins and addons, software and hardware, to this product. There are forums where you can download or upload code and plans for building all sort of interfaces.

The graduating students, at the local college, in the electronic and engineering programs have to assemble a new product before their final year. Many now have a RPI as the core. The May, graduating exhibit has always been an event I attend.

I am not as much into the hardware end of things though I have been able to assemble computers easily enough but laptops are too small for me...eyes and all. A friend, who is much more into electronics, has built a home automation system through out his house, built a controller for a 3D metal cutter, enhanced his 3D printer and created a dashboard display for his electric car...Raspberries have now played an integral part.

I was thinking of taking an electronics course, up at the college and the university as I have a little more time and that area of knowledge is a little weak and there has been so many advances lately...all that will now have to wait until next fall.