[dba-Tech] Free/inexpensive worldwide SMS Messaging API

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 31 15:38:56 CDT 2014

Hi Shamil:

>From what I know, but that understanding could need correcting, Skype SMS is free...but its implementation is more complex and needs third party software to run. The link you provided to the full package deal (twilio) may be more cost effective; definitely in the short term. Just a comment; which might be unrelated: In this day and age, I would be hesitant about implementing any solution that is platform dependent.

From: "Salakhetdinov Shamil" <mcp2004 at mail.ru>
To: "Discussion of Hardware and Software issues" <dba-tech at databaseadvisors.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2014 9:38:46 AM
Subject: Re: [dba-Tech] Free/inexpensive worldwide SMS Messaging API

 Hi Jim and Gustav --

$0.01 per SMS message doesn't look as a prohibitive pricing in my case as there wouldn't be a lot of SMS messages sent.

Skype is not installed by default - SMS messaging client for my customer could be an ASP.NET Web API web service.

Also, who pays for Skype-based SMS messaging?  - I assume that Skype-based SMS messages will be paid by the receiving party - correct?

Thank you.

-- Shamil