[dba-Tech] Windows Update not Completing

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 07:00:20 CDT 2014

Hi Everyone,

I have a question about a situation I've never run across before.

I am trying to fix a neighbours laptop, Windows 7 I think, and it
started updating windows last week, and it still hasn't finished
installing the updates! It is stuck on the Installing X of Y Updates
screen that you get when you reboot windows to install the updates.

Any ideas of what I can do or what will happen if I just power off the
laptop to stop the update?

Thanks,

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
shouting "What a great ride!"