[dba-Tech] Programming language with special keyboard

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 14:21:16 CST 2014

Years (decades?) back, I worked briefly with a guy who used a programming
that was designed especially for performing math operations. It was so
specialized that it demanded the use of an entirely different keyboard,
filled with various symbols indicating operations such as matrix
multiplication etc. He used that language to create an app sold by his
company, used in financial situations for things like generating 5-year
forecasts by month, given some set of assumptions.

I never could read so much as a line of the code, nor even understand what
the symbols meant. What I do remember is that the operations performed
required a shockingly little amount of code.

I can't even remember the guy's name, nor the name of his company. Just
that this special language was used in large banks and similar financial
institutions. Any idea of the name of the language I'm so vaguely
recalling?

--
Arthur