[dba-Tech] OT: Unpaired words (e.g. words without opposites)

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 10:06:39 CDT 2014

I found this list after a very brief Google search, and immediately noticed
at least one missing; to wit, "inscrutable". In addition to the list (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unpaired_word), certain words exist which
ostensibly do have opposites, very rarely used; an example is "uncouth";
and this one begs the question of how it ought be used: s/he is couth, or
s/he has couth.

Hey, it's Friday, so cut me and yourself some slack, and take a couple of
minutes' worth of break to see if you can add to the list. Post here as
well as editing the wiki entry.

In case this proves to be fun, I have another one for next OT Friday :)

--
Arthur