[dba-Tech] No Headphone Output

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 14 12:34:16 CDT 2014

Hi Tina:

It sounds like your tech-guy is excellent.

There was an attempt, about three years ago by Dell to outsource their computer support. The concept was that the tech would go on site and repair or fix the hardware or software problems in an hour or less. The tech would be paid only for one hour support...IMO, no one comes onsite and fixes a complex problem in an hour or less. At the time, in the training conference, I was invited to attend, I told them that the whole concept was flawed and that the Support Company trying to impose this infrastructure would be out of business in a couple of years. At the time I was roundly criticized for being negative and I must admit I was wrong...the support company filed for bankruptcy, in around one year. ;-)

I do not hold this against Dell and I am glad to hear that they have taken a more serious and reasonable approach to supporting their clients.

Good luck