[dba-Tech] Graphs

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Mar 15 12:09:31 CDT 2014

Hi Ed:

The graph comes from Statcounter which states that it shows product growth trends.

Without further explanation associated with the graph one the page, IMHO, the graph just shows desktops computers and what I get from the info is that XP and Vista growth is dropping proportionally to the increase growth of Windows 7 while Windows 8.x's growth basically remains static. All other desktop OS versions combined assume about 20 to 30 percent of the market.

If you would like to play with the stats check out: http://gs.statcounter.com

...and this stat for browser: http://gs.statcounter.com/#all-browser-ww-monthly-201302-201402

...and this stat for OSs for all platforms in north america:
http://gs.statcounter.com/#desktop+mobile+tablet-os-na-monthly-201302-201402