[dba-Tech] No Headphone Output

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Sat Mar 15 13:05:51 CDT 2014

Okay, good news.  I got an adapter from Radio Shack - a sort of
Y-adapter - one jack for mic and one jack for stereo headphones,
combined to a single 4-pole plug. (Interesting sidebar - the language
used by the Dell tech, calling the combo plug a 4-ring plug, confused my
Radio Shack guy, because he correctly understands the black bands to be
the rings and the metal surfaces to be the poles - which led him to tell
me he didn't have any 4-ring adapters.  It helps to use the right terms!!!)

I now have sound through my headphones, plugged into the adapter and the
adapter plugged into the combo jack on the laptop.  Next, I will test
the external speaker on this adapter.  Then, I will test the
microphone.  The software GUI still refuses to acknowledge the presence
of headphones, but I do have sound. Woo-hoo!

TNF

Tina Norris Fields
tinanfields-at-torchlake-dot-com
231-322-2787