[dba-Tech] Security

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Mar 17 13:09:06 CDT 2014

Hi John:

I will be honest with you in saying that I have found no Malware detection and removal programs that anywhere near perfect. Some of the new malware is brutal and brilliant to say the least. The best that seems to be done is to be vigilant and suspicious of everything received, have the best setup router possible, segregate the network, encrypt everything that is important (keep moving towards an encrypted data storage and communications system), monitor continuously for any anomalies and backup, backup and backup.

I have found that the most well intentioned user can be more dangerous than the most brilliant hacker. ;-)  ...And then some of the supposed Anti-virus software can be plain evil...McAfee and Nortons comes to mind...they can shut down a network so tight that only the malware can get in.