[dba-Tech] Free OneNote

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 08:43:29 CDT 2014

Arthur,

I've been using OneNote for a year or so at work. I remembered being very
puzzled by the lack of a search-and-replace capability. I spent time
looking for it and searching for solutions on-line. It hasn't hampered me
too much, but it's odd.

I certainly like it for note taking, list making, idea starting, and
organizing snippets and emails and web page clips.

It's one of those things that you just have to use to discover its
usefulness. E.g., the "Recent Edits" feature. I stumbled on that one and
it's quite useful. I wish there were something like that for development,
say, where one might not remember every single class or module that one
changed in the past x days.