[dba-Tech] Facebook has been busy

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 16:22:39 CDT 2014

As I wrote, Jim, no problem for me and you, since we are both acquainted
with Linux. Bur so far I am not prepared to commit. I shall check it out in
a VM and then decide.

I think that you and I tend toward similar paths: a) retired, and hence
free from OS-obligations; b) looking for no-cost solutions plus easy
transitions from Win* to *nix solutions. We're most of the way there; the
Base db remains problematic but I'm working on this, in my off-hours. No
solutions in hand yet, but I'm gerring closer.

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 12:08 PM, Jim Lawrence <accessd at shaw.ca> wrote:

> Hi Arthur:
>
> No surprising really. Facebook is a very large open source using, web
> company. Companies in this category are unlikely to be anything other than
> Linux.
>
> Jim

Arthur