[dba-Tech] Special characters

Peter Brawley peter.brawley at earthlink.net
Fri May 16 13:30:24 CDT 2014

On 2014-05-16 5:38 AM, Tydda Jon - Lonza Slough wrote:
> Hi Arthur
>
> Ctrl+Alt+e usually gives me the e-acute, but when I went to prove it here, I get the Euro symbol... if I add shift into that combination, I get a capital E-acute. But that's on my UK installation, and I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work on yours.

Those work in Word, but they do nothing for me in non-Microsoft editors.
Can you get those characters that way in, say, TextPad or Notepad++? If
so, how?

My solution has been to keep this wee printout taped to the bottom left
corner of the laptop ...

a with grave accentàALT 133ÀALT 0192

a with circumflexâALT 131ÂALT 0194

a with trémaäALT 132ÄALT 142