[dba-Tech] Banana Crisis

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Mon May 19 08:54:20 CDT 2014

One can only hope... :)

From: dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Arthur Fuller
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2014 6:30 AM
To: Discussion of Hardware and Software issues
Subject: [dba-Tech] Banana Crisis

The current crisis in banana production (viral attack) might have an up
side. The banana we know here in North America is the Cavendish, which among
banana connoisseurs is generally considered one of the worst types of
banana.

Did you know that there are over 1000 types of banana in the world?
Apparently, the best ones come from Congo and the Philippines.

When I was a kid, there were only two types of apple in grocery stores --
red and green. Now every grocery has a dozen or more varieties. Perhaps
something similar could happen to bananas.

--
Arthur