[dba-Tech] BYOD printing using Windows 2012 print servers

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Wed May 21 12:32:32 CDT 2014

Hi Jim

I wouldn't dare to use a public hostname as is, also I can't imagine it would work from iPads and phones. I think you need a "middle-man".

The NetWare server has been fully replaced. File and print was moved a couple of years ago to Windows 2003 R2/2008 R2 servers with DFS replication and lately to 2008 R2/2012 R2.
GroupWise was moved to Office 365 earlier this year and web server recently to our in-house IIS.

/gustav