[dba-Tech] Hijacked browsers

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Nov 12 13:36:47 CST 2014

Hi Arthur

If you haven't done any tinkering by setting up a proxy server connection from your browser then it must be some hacking...such is the life of a Windows user. ;-) Have you checked each browser to see if the default internet connection has been re-configured?...if so, an easy fix.

If there is no obvious tampering then check you internet setup (card or wi-fi) as that would be central place for any configurations. (that is the area that I would check first). I would switch things around first, like connect via wi-fi if I was using a cable connection or vice-versa, that might expose the culprit and then deleting and resetting the connection would work.