[dba-Tech] Strange message

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 10:15:53 CST 2014

Thanks Gary, but dammit I'm Old School. A simple set of recipe-steps would
suffice. I hate where all this is going: YouTube + some idiotic soundtrack
etc.

This is way NOT how I originally envisaged how the net might work. I had in
mind the free exchance of information, without
intervention/collation/commercialization of the accumulated data. I
suffered the illusion that the net would become the ultimate social media,
more akin to wikipedia than Facebook, but have since realized that I was
deluded by the promises of equality, egalitarianism and freedom, none of
which exist in the 21st century.

Might I please request a pure-text recipe for curing this problem, shorn of
its music-and-video stuff? As I said, I'm old-school. I just want a fix
without videos and soundtracks and all that bla-bla-bla.

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 10:50 AM, Gary Kjos <garykjos at gmail.com> wrote:

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf91e4xG6Wo
>
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 9:44 AM, Arthur Fuller <fuller.artful at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Upon a restart on my Win 8.1 laptop, I'm getting this message halfway
> into
> > the startup:
> >
> > Windows cannot find 'c:\program files (x86)\Search
> Extensions\Client.exe'.
> > Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.
> >
> > I guess that something I installed wanted to hijack my search engine, but
> > have no idea how to track this down, or even whether my guess is
> accurate.
> >
> > Any suggestions how to track this down?
> >
> > --
> > Arthur