[dba-Tech] After a 10-year Linux migration, Munich considers switching back to Windows and Office

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Fri Oct 3 20:44:46 CDT 2014

The way I see it is that it has become a political issue. Plenty of governments have made the switch without issue, but, once you get a pro-Microsoft person in charge or high up in the decision making process, you can very easily and quickly get Nokia'ed.

Since we are talking about a government here, I wonder if there might be a discussion of corruption involved here. Either way, I would not be surprised if mayor Dieter Reiter finds himself a very comfortable job at Microsoft once he's done being mayor.

- Hans