[dba-Tech] Website Structure Question

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Sat Apr 25 10:10:43 CDT 2015

I recognize the unzipping a compressed file thing, and have learned to
backspace out the final suggested folder.  But, I'm not doing something
like that with these sites, at least I don't think I am. I crafted a
site, using the CoffeeCup VSD, making the structure as I went along, and
making the links I needed.  There's a form - a pdf file - that I link to
for registration in a golf tournament.  That form gets changed a bit
from one year to another.  I actually change the name each time to
identify the year.  I modify the link property, then ftp the changed
page and the new form up to the site.  How annoying to have a 404
appear, or the wrong form appear! Exploring the site, both on the local
computer and on the web, I discover multiple copies of the same
folders.  Wow!  Okay, so it makes sense to have some redundancy, in case
of damage to a primary folder, but this seems to be too much.  So, I'm
exploring how that happens, how much of it I should expect, how many
copies of folders I can delete without destroying the website.
Learning, learning.
TNF

Tina Norris Fields
tinanfields-at-torchlake-dot-com