[dba-Tech] Comparing JavaScript frameworks

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 17 17:47:48 CDT 2015

I am hardly the person to recommend a particular flavour of JS framework but to my understanding Angular has more features but the professionals use Backbone as it is more flexible and has a better framework. Ember, I haven't heard much of. Either this means that it is relatively new or it does not live up to the quality of the above mentioned frameworks.

I have been playing with the Yeoman master framework. It is like one stop shopping with the capability to managing any number of frameworks or libraries. It will definitely take a while to master. Installation alone took me a couple of weeks (this is not to discourage you as I was just dabbling and not being serious) and there is still tweaks to do. After every needed framework and library is installed there is a host of great editors to choose from which can make all the difference.