[dba-Tech] Remote take over programs

John Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 19:21:00 CST 2015

It's odd that this should come in today.  I just spent much of the day
trying to get Wippien to actually connect the tunnel.  I then resorted
to Chrome Remote Desktop, which does work but is... basic. Then played
some more with Wippien and finally got a connect between the two ends,
whereupon Remote Desktop worked.  RD through Wippien is fast.

Reading about X2Go it seems that it really wants one end (the server) to
be Linux?

I am interested if in fact it does not require the third-party server.
I wonder how they establish the initial connection.