[dba-Tech] A new Virtual Machine manager

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 9 16:13:51 CST 2015

It seems that more and more networks are becoming a mixture of various types of technologies and operation systems. We want to keep some older OS or older applications running or testbed new OSs, maybe share them over the network or web and maybe we have various VMs, running all over our network on a number of servers and stations and want to track and consolidate these resources.

There is a new application, called Virt-Manager the claims to be able to automatically or manually detect and manage a number of VMs of different protocols and standards, from a central location, via a web interface. (The product apparently comes from Red Hat labs):

http://virt-manager.org

This application may be Linux/BSD centric but it can easy monitor virtual Microsoft Windows computer as well...and anyway there less networks (Clouds), every day, that are just mono-culturals.