[dba-Tech] BitDefender

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 03:50:33 CST 2015

Gustav,

You've made me pause and think again about the way I typically work. I have
a pretty modest setup, just two computers, one an old AMD-64 running
Windows 7 on 4GB of RAM, and the other a Dell Inspiron laptop with Win 8.1
on 8 GB of RAM. Both have Oracle VirtualBox installed, but I use them only
occasionally. But you've caused me to ponder whether I should do all my
work in VMs, to protect the base OS from any possible contamination.

VMs are a tad slower, but inside a Word processor or email app, who
notices? The human is by far the slowest component in these situations

Hmmmm....

A.

​