[dba-Tech] [AccessD] Microsoft stock price crashed today

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 30 13:15:48 CST 2015

When it comes to LibreOffice calc, to the best of my knowledge cascading spreadsheets are pretty standard fare.

A client that I install LibreOffice on, a number of years ago, has their entire accounting system assembled on the spreadsheet. I did nothing to help them; they did it all themselves so it couldn't have been that difficult but, personally I have no experience with LibreOffice's product line (other their Writer).

I would think that if you spent as much time on LibreOffice's spreadsheet program as you obvious did with the Microsoft Excel applications, I would suspect you could duplicate the results...any results.

North America has not been very fertile ground, especially within the office, for the evolving and new order of business applications as the rest of the world has. Governments in Germany, France and Italy has embraced these new office production products and obviously have not been impacted by any serious limitations.

Maybe it is just that we are getting old and set in our ways and not as adventuresome as the kids are? ;-)

Here is a list of features compared between the two products:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Feature_Comparison:_LibreOffice_-_Microsoft_Office

Note: that both application are in flux and in full development mode, so what is one product's limitation today will no be longer tomorrow.