[dba-Tech] Import to Wix site

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Jul 14 08:49:42 CDT 2015

Hi all

Does anyone know anything about Wix sites?

    http://www.wix.com/

We have a small client where the designer has chosen this offering for the corporate site.

He receives some data about projects that needs to be listed on the site. Easy, you say, except that - for what I can research on the support pages - Wix doesn't offer any import option. Thus, it seems, you have to transform the supplied XML data to HTML pages and manually copy/paste these into the site.

No fun, so I'm looking for smarter methods ...

To add to the fun, the supplied data can only be supplied by an HTML POST which, I guess, means that you must provide a landing page somewhere else, that can accept such a POST, save the file, and return a "DATA OK". I know, you can't blame Wix for this, it just adds up.

/gustav