[dba-Tech] Suddenly second monitor not recognized

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Jun 1 13:01:43 CDT 2015

Hi Arthur:

Hopefully it is just a Windows 10 thing and nothing to do with the hardware. Gustav should be our regional expert on the latest flavour of Windows. I, myself am not even sure how you would get to the section that handles the Windows display. The system at the very least should detect all connected video devises. If the OS shows all the devices then I would chalk the problem up to a device code driver issue. If all the devices are not shown, I would become more concerned as to whether all the hardware is working as it is supposed to.

If you have either a Linux partition or can run a "Live" Ubuntu via your USB, it will tell you whether your hardware is working right...as it has always worked first time and every time, I tend to trust its responses...and in particular its results would remove the Win10 OS from equation...either a clean bill of health or a legitimate driver problem.

Just a thought