[dba-Tech] Suddenly second monitor not recognized

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Jun 5 12:51:33 CDT 2015

Hi Arthur:

Brilliant.

From: "Arthur Fuller" <fuller.artful at gmail.com>
To: "Discussion of Hardware and Software issues" <dba-tech at databaseadvisors.com>
Sent: Friday, June 5, 2015 3:08:16 AM
Subject: Re: [dba-Tech] Suddenly second monitor not recognized

Second monitor problem solved at last!

I was about to eject one of my thumb drives, and so clicked the Show Hidden
icons button. Then I noticed a couple of icons there that I hadn't seen
before. Hovering over them, I discovered that one's Control Tip said "Intel
HD Graphics." Intrigued, I clicked it, and there discovered the option to
extend the display to both the built-in monitor and the external monitor.
Presto! All is wonderful again.

Now, the only "problem" is that the display on the laptop is much sharper
and more vivid than the external 22" LG monitor. But that I can live with.
[?].

Arthur
​