[dba-Tech] Google Chrome: Error 'Cross origin requests are only supported for protocol schemes: http, data, chrome, chrome-extension, https, chrome-extension-resource.'

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sat Jun 6 06:26:49 CDT 2015

 Hi All --

I'm working through TypeScript EdX course using Sublime/Gulp and while working on/running this course Module 5 assessment html + js I'm getting the following errors:

1. XMLHttpRequest cannot load file:///E:/Typescript/Learning/Module5/src/JSON/recipeTypes.json.
Cross origin requests are only supported for protocol schemes: http, data, chrome, chrome-extension, https, chrome-extension-resource.
2. Uncaught NetworkError: Failed to execute 'send' on 'XMLHttpRequest': Failed to load 'file:///E:/Typescript/Learning/Module5/src/JSON/recipeTypes.json'. It's clear what the errors mean - what is unclear is how to make 'cross origin request' allowed for 'file:' protocol for Google Chrome -  a kind of local HTML app running without a web server?

FYI: when opening the same assessment .html locally in FF 38.01. it works without any complains: .js executes, .json files loaded and parsed, drop-down boxes filled with data from .json files etc.

Thank you.

--
Салахетдинов Шамиль