[dba-Tech] blue screen of death

Bill Patten bill_patten at embarqmail.com
Wed Mar 4 18:10:52 CST 2015

Susan,

You didn't mention the error code so I'm guessing that the code went away
before you could read it. If that’s the case you can turn off the automatic
restart feature so the error will stay on the screen

This URL tells you how to disable the auto start feature if you can boot, if
not try  pushing F8 just prior to the splash screen and then select Advanced
Boot Options and disable it there.

From:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/ht/automatic-restart-windows-7.htm

1.
Click on the Start button and then on Control Panel.

Tip: In a hurry? Type system in the search box after clicking Start. Choose
System under the Control Panel heading in the list of results and then skip
to Step 4.

2.
Click on the System and Security link.

Note: If you're viewing the Small icons or Large icons view of Control
Panel, you won't see this link. Simply double-click on the System icon and
proceed to Step 4.

3.
Click on the System link.

4.
In the task pane on the left, click the Advanced system settings link.

5.
Locate the Startup and Recovery section near the bottom of the window and
click on the Settings button.

6.
In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to
Automatically restart.

7.
Click OK in the Startup and Recovery window.

8.
Click OK in the System Properties window.

9.
You can now close the System window.

10.
>From now on, when a problem causes a BSOD or another major error that halts
the system, Windows 7 will not force a reboot. You'll have to reboot
manually when an error appears.

HTH

Bill