[dba-Tech] If you're looking for an MS Windows VPS cloud solution this one is good. Tested.

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 17 23:58:32 CDT 2015

Hi Shamil:

I am still not clear on how the stack works. Can I assume a Hyper-V server on top of Linux, with VMware running as separate instances? I thought it might be a Docker or CoreOS type system (KVM) spawned droplet? I was wondering how the licensing is handled as both VMware and Windows have various licensing fees?  Do you as the client, have to provide your own Windows installation and licensing?

Aside: It should be noted that the company VMware is being sued by the Linux Foundation for being in contravention of the GNU General Public License (GNU GPL or GPL) contract, that states improvements to software originally under the GPL must be made open source as well. In addition, a company can charge for software support services but can not charge for the licensed open source software. (We shall see how that plays out in the courts.)

The network seems really strong and world wide. I have been looking for security references but have found none...would that be the responsibility of the clients'?  Its backbone is all fibre-optic and its speeds reflect this...another big plus. Is there an advantage to having your hosting server farm (Cloud) running in Canada as opposed to running somewhere in Europe? Are your clients in North America?