[dba-Tech] If you're looking for an MS Windows VPS cloud solution this one is good. Tested.

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Thu Mar 19 03:46:28 CDT 2015

 Hello Mark --

Thank you for your information.
I have scrolled the article you referred to its 'magic quadrant part' and it looks good.
I will read the article in full later.

Do you know from your experience what would it be a monthly cost to have a VPS with 4GB RAM/40GB HDD 2/4 cores, Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 or just desktop Windows 7/8 hosted on AWS running 24x7x365?

Does AWS have affordable MS SQL Server hosting options?

Yes, I have seen their hosting costs calculator but it I have found the figures it calculates are too high for me currently. I could have used this calculator improperly?

Thank you.

-- Shamil