[dba-Tech] If you're looking for an MS Windows VPS cloud solution this one is good. Tested.

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Mar 19 04:21:46 CDT 2015

Hi Shamil

I don't think you are using the calculator improperly. Those are the current costs, there are no hidden alternatives except, perhaps, if you are a very large corporation.

It's my impression, that AWS is the price leader because of their marketshare and because they lower their prices at once when possible. Comparable Azure prices follow AWS closely and quickly.

I've also found that it quickly adds up, indeed for machines constantly on. The crucial part is how you estimate maintenance of domestic machines. If you have to pay hi-priced techies, the picture can quickly change.

/gustav