[dba-Tech] Microsoft

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu May 14 21:16:19 CDT 2015

Hi All:

Microsoft has been doing so well as of late with all it new software and technology advancements but then things start to spin off the table.

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/13/introducing-windows-10-editions

How many editions of just one of their products do we need? Consider that Ubuntu has but two editions; one, the desktop and server edition and two, a headless edition...that's it. That version runs on smartphones, tablets, imbedded systems, desktops and servers...this one basic edition runs, AD, VD, Containers, Hadoop, webserver, ZFS, can run thousands of users, DNS server, DHCP server, Video server, Database server etc etc etc...

The one thing I am sure of, is there must be a monetary element to it but it is going to be such a nightmare for its users.