[dba-Tech] vulnerability has been uncovered in the NetUSB

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon May 25 11:30:28 CDT 2015

Who ever decided to put a backdoor (or did so on purpose) in these devices has some explanation to make. Just by putting an open TCP port at address 20005 and not telling anyone is not a form of security. One port scan, from software would expose to hole, in a few minutes.

For my bet, even though this hole could have been a programming accident, my bet is that it was done with intent.