[dba-Tech] Windows 10 anyone?

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed May 27 04:11:47 CDT 2015

Jim,

I followed your instructions for finding the Control Panel and successfully
opened it. Then I went back to the menu system and this time right-clicked
on it and selected "Pin to Start", which resulted in a new tile being
placed on the set of tiles. Terrific! Then I did the same with Command
Prompt. Excellent! Now both are two clicks away: one on the Start button
and one on the tile. I like this!

Arthur

P.S.
Unlike you guys, I opted not for a VM but converted my Windows 8.1 base OS
to Win 10. But then I decided to follow your lead and so created a VM also
running Win 10. That one I'll leave in its virgin state, i.e. no FireFox
etc. so I can get used to Edge. There's something amusing about running a
Win 10 VM inside a Win 10 base OS.

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 5:47 PM, Jim Lawrence <accessd at shaw.ca> wrote:

> Hi Helmut:
>
> Did you new Windows 10, automatically select the local network address
> default or did it have to be set? Is your network a workgroup or a domain?
>
> Jim

Arthur