[dba-Tech] Another Office suite

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed May 27 18:11:32 CDT 2015

Hi All:

We have another office suite. It has three parts to it, a word processor, a presentation manager and a spreadsheet. Considering the price, these packages are excellent. They can import and export all Microsoft formats and the application does not require the Web or Cloud. As far as I can see these packages are just as good as Microsoft's flag ships but I have not done extensive work in the Kingsoft suite.

http://wps-community.org

The product is still in active development and it now supports both 32 and 64 bit CPUs. It seems very stable as I was unable to crash it.

Though the product is not open source it is free for download...any donations cheerfully accepted though. :-) On thing that might bother some potential users is the application was designed in China but as long as you are not making secret plans, that you don't want the whole world to know, then it is not a problem. It is Linux, so you may have to make a Linux virtual drive to enjoy the well priced program...but only in the unlikely event that you don't have a Linux distro installed on one of your boxes.

For me, it is nice to have all the latest features and not have to be making monthly 365 payments.

PS This Office suite is supposed to be better than LibraOffice but you wouldn't know it by me. It may be a little prettier though.