[dba-Tech] Anew phone with new technology

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Oct 23 15:56:33 CDT 2015

There is a new phone coming to the market called the Turing phone.

Its operating system is an open source fork of the Android OS called naturally Turning OS. It communication is described as a mesh type system. In a nut-shell it can be described as a Tor-mesh network that stores its data in encrypted blocks, everywhere across the network/internet.

Right out of the gate the makers of the Turing phone claims: "...The Turing Phone can wirelessly transfer a DVD-quality movie in just over half a minute and has secure messaging that would take years to crack...". To me, this is a very positive first step.

http://tinyurl.com/npqf5pz

And the link to the company's home page: https://www.turingphone.com

As one commentator said; "A phone for the paranoid and the rich"...but to put things in context just check out the new Microsoft Surface Book...which when fully loaded would cost me over $4K.  Whether this phone becomes main steam is yet to be seen but it is definitely taking advantage of many of the latest technologies which leaves me seriously considering it...but the main hurdle will be to get the local cell-phone providers to accept a device, on their system, that they can not insert their adware on.