[dba-Tech] "Take a sad song and make it better..." - Web browsers' testing automation with Selenium WebDrivers from LucidChart.com :)

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Thu Oct 29 10:26:20 CDT 2015

 Hi Jim --

This site is done by #1 Russian design studio -   http://tinyurl.com/kxtxv   - .

I don't have stats how many software is pirated here currently, I doubt that it as large as 70% - all/most of the computers (desktop, laptop,...) one can buy here in the computer shops have preinstalled OEM OSes AFAIK.

>>> In Russia, when you buy a new computer, does it not come preloaded with Windows?
Jim, it's funny, look:

-  http://tinyurl.com/877jjsu  - this local company has 15 000 000 buying customers every year - do you think they use/setup pirated software/OSes on the computers they sell?

There are a few more like that, which I suppose supply 90+% percent of computers to the local Russian market.

NB/FYI: Shopping infrastructure for consumers goods is similar here to what you have there. All the same main brands. The shopping (mega-)malls, supermarkets, boutiques etc. are looking very similar. All the same new models coming the same time you're getting them there... it's a small World :) (I mean the main brands - of course you still have a lot larger nomenclature of consumer goods but it all/most of it is available here via Internet shopping if needed. Delivery would be costly, for sure, but it's usually affordable.)

Thank you.

-- Shamil

>Tuesday, October 27, 2015 9:43 AM -06:00 from Jim Lawrence <accessd at shaw.ca>:
>
>Hi Shamil:
>
>I have looked at the site and to say the least it is very well written. The graphics are great...less boxy than is the standard today. I can see the code tracks my computer, OS, browser, my language as British. It uses maps graphics very well. There is a lot of features in the site that I will explore. :-)
>
>All my major sites were internal ones so sophisticated security was not an issue...and graphics were little more than icons, button and standard government/company images. I can understand why your site is not one that should be exposed, to the general public, on the web...too much confidential personal information.
>
>I do not mean that you should go and work for the government, not as an employee (I would not wish that on anyone). It is that I have found, governments and larger companies will pay a lot more to an external contractor than to any employee. :-)
>
>That is too bad but moving to Linux is not a operation to be taken lightly. I have been lead to believe that 70 percent of all software that runs in Russia has been pirated...is this true??  I do not necessarily believe the comments from Microsoft as to that percentage but doesn't the new Windows10 eliminate the possibility of pirated software, at least their latest OS?  In Russia, when you buy a new computer, does it not come preloaded with Windows?
>
>Jim

<<< skipped >>>