[dba-Tech] Great JS PDF Viewer...

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Fri Sep 4 23:47:57 CDT 2015

 Hi Jim  --

I'm working for money, you know ;) - back-end technology is defined/selected by a customer. It's MS SQL. Besides Oracle, do you know any other SQL backends, which allow to develop so advanced stored procedures and user defined functions as MS SQL 2012 and up do? - the task here is do put as much as possible business and data access "data crunching" processing on back-end side...

I'd love to learn/use the technologies/tools from your list but I doubt I'll ever have time for them. and .NET Framework/C# aren't that far from modern dynamic languages and sometimes a way ahead of the modern strongly typed ones in their features, I'd outline applicable in real life programming features, which make this real life programming very effective, and they (C#/.NET Framework/ASP.NET) have so much new features coming every year, e.g. I was a kind of surprised when I have made a template ASP.NET project and it worked well (flexibly adapted to a target device display area) out-of-the-box on Win 8, old WinPhone, Kindle Fire, iPhone, Android...

NodeJS is in my list, I'd move quite a few of the programs of my customers on this technology but who knows it may happen a new binary format for Web ( http://tinyurl.com/qfuahn5 ) will come implemented real soon and C/C++, C#, .... will become "web scripting languages"...

Thank you.

-- Shamil