[dba-Tech] Win10 predownloaded setup almost doubled my system disk used space...

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Tue Sep 8 08:02:17 CDT 2015

 Hi All --

I'm not yet in Win10 camp, AFAIS I have got Win10 setup(?) "automagically" downloaded and it's ready to go with "Great, we'll get the upgrade started" dialog asking me to accept this setup process but I'm currently behind a mobile Internet connection so I'm keeping this Win10 setup start-up dialog idle.
When I have checked my system disk space I was surprised its used space almost doubled from usual 100+GB to 200GB, - is it a usual story for Win10 setup files volume?
And this my system disk is an SSD disk, which has only 256GB so I'm wondering will its currently free 50+GB volume be good enough for Win10 setup? Will here be all setup files purged after setup will complete? - I have a second 1TB HDD on the same system - is there any way to move Win10 setup there on my large HDD before I'll proceed with it?

Thank you.

--
Салахетдинов Шамиль