[dba-Tech] Win10 predownloaded setup almost doubled my system disk used space...

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Tue Sep 8 09:31:24 CDT 2015

 Hi Gustav --

Thank you for your comment.

>> However, as busy as you are now, I would postpone this for a while
Yes, I wanted to postpone Win10 upgrade till I finish a couple of urgent projects, but this starting upgrade dialog has appeared here on my system several times already and I have been closing it and my system used disk space was as usual around 100GB but now when I see it grown to almost 200GB (within just a week) I'm getting concerned wasn't that high system disk memory consumption caused by Win10 upgrade waiting to go? If I'll stop it a few more times wouldn't my system hang because of my system disk getting out of space? - AFAIS from the disk clean-up analysis I can free up to 69.3GB now - wouldn't that clean-up remove some of Win10 upgrade temp files, which it will need to download again?

My system free disk space is ~43GB now - I will check tomorrow how much it will change.

Thank you.

-- Shamil